This post includes affiliate links.
How many times have you come close to a birthday or a holiday and you needed an ideal gift as a last minute idea? Well, crocheting a beanie or a hat from a crochet pattern is the perfect way to tell the receiver of your gift how much you care for them.
When I started to crochet, one of the first things I learned is how to crochet a beanie or a hat. I love crocheting and designing those patterns. Not only can they be created fast and easy, but they also show off a unique and special gift that can’t be bought at a retail store.
Sell those Beanies or Hats
Those beanies or hats are so unique, that everyone will want one as a last minute gift and you will end up creating them for the rest of your family and friends until you become so successful that you realize you can actually sell your beanies or hats on Etsy or other stores that allow you to sell them for some extra income.
In fact, if you really are serious about starting your own little business be sure to check out my step by step guide on how to get started with your own blog or how to become a pattern designer whether it is for knitting or crochet.
Beanies and Hats as ideal Last Minute Gift Ideas or Fashion statements
Now, let me come back to talking about my ideal gift beanie and hat crochet patterns for last minute gift ideas. All these patterns I listed below were created by me and I loved creating every single one of those crochet patterns.
Beanies and hats are not only ideal for gifts, but also for yourself in last minute situations such as last minute idea to travel and have a winter vacation in the snow. I just saw that a fellow crochet designer went on winter vacation and created her entire family hats while she was on the car ride.
Making a hat with a pom-pom or a beanie can also be a fashion statement. All the time, I see young teenagers wear them in an attention to get noticed by their fellow friends or classmates. Especially slouchy beanies seem to be very much in trend lately.
How to make a Beanie or a Hat look unique
Most of my beanies or hat have some kind of feature on them. Whether it is the yarn that creates a special effect or whether it is the texture on the pattern that creates that special little something what just makes you in awe when you see and create it.
So, when it comes to last minute gift ideas, crocheting a beanie or a hat is the perfect and ideal gift. It is fast to make and provide you with a satisfaction almost no other crochet item can give you in a short period of time, for me at least. Can you tell how much I love creating beanies or hats?
How to create the perfect beanie or hat
All of my crochet patterns are written such that anyone can make them, as they are beginner friendly and linked to any kind of resource possible that will help you and guide you through them step by step. Many if not all my patterns come with a video tutorial.
Those video tutorials either feature a specific stitch or show how to make the entire hat or beanie. But regardless of how I made those tutorials they will for sure be of help.
Now, creating the ideal gift beanie or hat can be a hard task when you want to create one for every family member or friend. Lost of patterns including my own are written only for a specific size head. Mine are specifically written for teen or adult heads as those are the head size available in my family.
However, don’t be afraid now, because I created the most lengthy tutorial on how to create the perfect beanie or hat in any way whether it is top down, or bottom up or even as a rectangle before making it into a beanie or hat. Furthermore, I list a specific way how to adjust ANY hat or beanie crochet patterns to make them to into the size that you need as I have listed formulas and reference tables to guide you along.
Tips and Tricks and Last Minute Gift Ideas for Crocheters and loved ones
Now creating the ideal gift beanie or hat as a last minute gift idea should definitely not be a hard task which is why I provided you with all those crochet tips and tricks and resources. And to top it off, I even listed my beanie and hat crochet patterns in order or popularity for this winter craft season.
This craft season I noticed that most popular hat and beanie crochet patterns seem to be slouchy, with texture or non-slouchy with lots of colors of variegated yarn. With some of those variegated yarns you really do not need a special crochet pattern as the colors will make the beanie or hat as special and unique as they will ever be.
So let me know show you my most popular beanie or hat crochet patterns as last minute gift ideas that should be an ideal gift for anyone you make them for, including yourself.
And if you run or of ideas to provide for your fellow crochet friend, you can also check out these wonderful gift ideas that seem to be a hit no matter when you will gift them to a fellow crocheter.
10 Ideal Gift Beanie or Hat Crochet Patterns as Last Minute Gift Ideas
1. My most popular and most desired beanie is for sure the Reversible Textured Slouchy Beanie. I never had a beanie crochet pattern that went viral so quickly. But of course this pattern is as beginner friendly as possible as mainly uses only basic crochet stitches.
2. Even number 2 is not a hard crochet pattern. In fact, it is one of my most easiest beanie crochet patterns I ever created. I call it the Everyday Bean Beanie which gets its features due to the yarn I used and the bean stitch. A beanie you can truly wear any time of the year. As a last minute gift idea, I can’t recommend this pattern enough.
3. When it comes to this beanie, I become emotional as I created this beanie while my hubby was traveling a lot within a short period of time and I did not get to enjoy much time with him. In order to show him how much I loved him, I created this beanie, which I call the Hubby’s Home Beanie. Created to celebrate him being home and not having to travel anymore.
As this beanie only uses basic crochet stitches it is made in a short period of time and marks the ideal last minute gift idea.
4. Many people always ask me which crochet stitch is my most favorite. I have to tell you it is a stitch that most people would never guess to be a crochet stitch due to its look. It is called the Waistcoat stitch aka Knit stitch and is really actually crocheted. Here I used the stitch to create the Swirly Heart Hat which went viral last winter and still seem to be very popular.
5. Another very popular crochet pattern is the Apache Tears Hat that I created during the Apache Tears Winter Accessory Crochet Along. I love this hat so much and the stitch looks much harder than it really is. In fact, it comes with a very detailed video and photo tutorial on how to crochet the Apache tears stitch.
6. Not always does a beanie or a hat be used for warmth only, but it can also provide happiness and uniqueness by giving it extra features. The Christmas Tree Hat Scarf for sure is a perfect example for it. This pattern was created during a Crochet Along and is basically a hat and a scarf at the same time.
7. The Frosted Window Beanie is another one of those surprise beanies that went viral very quickly. Everyone loved the look, texture and colors of this beanie without noticing how beginner friendly it actually really is.
8. Last Thanksgiving, I really wanted to create a beanie with the lattice stitch. But I wanted to create it as a statement and not make it so overwhelmingly hard to do. So I created the Lattice Beanie which has a step by step photo and video tutorial on how to do the lattice stitch aka LTC.
9. Have you ever crocheted a beanie without a crochet hook; meaning you simply use your hands with some yarn? Well, this 30 Minute Hand Beanie really is that easy to make without a crochet hook. It has a complete video on how to start, make and finish the beanie using simply your hands. This beanie is ideal for a last minute gift idea.
10. The last but not the least, is the 30 Minute Kaleidoscope Beanie. It features the beautiful Suzette stitch and is very much made in under 30 minutes as I even proved it during a Facebook LIVE video. The is the perfect last minute gift idea for craft fairs or as a present.
More Beanies and Hats as well as other FREE Crochet Patterns
If this this collection was not enough for you and you need many more FREE crochet pattern ideas, you should check out my entire free crochet pattern collection or just my entire beanie and hat pattern collection.
I hope you enjoyed this collection as much as I did creating it and I really do hope you share this link on social media so others get to enjoy those free crochet patterns as well. There are so many ideal gift beanie and hat crochet patterns that make the perfect last minute gift idea that just need to be shared so other will know about them as well.