This post includes affiliate links.
Baby blankets are always in need. Babies are being born every day! With so many pregnancy announcements lately, a crochet collection of 10 Best and Easy Baby Blanket Patterns is needed! These are are all fabulous in their own way.
Picture these scenarios: You get that queasy feeling in your tummy one morning when it clicks – a baby is on the way, or; your best friend calls to share the most wonderful news, she’s pregnant, or; a dear friend calls with the news from the adoption agency, she’s going to be a mom to a beautiful baby.
All of these scenarios and countless others bring joy to anyone who hears the news, but, for a crocheter, that means it’s baby blanket making time! We get to put our hands to work in the most loving way we can, crocheting a special blanket for a special baby.
In this 10 Best and Easy Baby Blanket Patterns collection from All Free Crochet, you’ll find an array of blankets that are easy to crochet, work up easily, and are fantastic gifts. How special is it giving someone you love, or yourself, a lovingly crocheted baby blanket for a baby?
Crocheting a baby blanket can be a very thoughtful gift to a new, or seasoned, mom. Crocheted baby blankets can convey a message of love, nurturing, and overall joy. They say that you value that mom and their precious bundle of joy by taking the time to sit and crochet, for however long it takes you, the most special blanket you can make.
While crocheting a baby blanket, you pour in your heart because you know that the blanket will be a treasured piece that can be used for years to come. A well-worn blanket means a well-loved and well-used blanket!
In crocheting a baby blanket, you’re also giving the gift of uniqueness. You can surprise the mom and baby with a baby blanket, with your chosen colors. Or, you can ask mom-to-be questions on baby room decor or colors they’d like. You can also choose the best fiber type out there that will work best with the baby. The choices are there making the thought the make a baby blanket easy!
In this collection of the 10 Best and Easy Baby Blanket Patterns, you’ll find some great designs for baby blankets that will make that mom and baby happy and filled with love. Presenting them with such a thoughtful gift as a crocheted baby blanket is like giving them a soft, loving and warm hug that will last.
Just browse these great 10 Best and Easy Baby Blanket Patterns for a special baby blanket for inspiration!
Be sure to check out the BONUS pattern at the end!!! Who would not love that!? 🙂
1. The Baby Granny Square Blanket, designed by me, works up super quickly and easily. It’s made up of the quintessential granny stitch that just transcends time and is most recognizable and loved. This is the perfect blanket that works up as a last minute gift! Get the Pattern HERE
2. This Soft Granite Blanket gives you the option to play around with color while using a fantastic stitch to achieve a unique looking design. You can make a wonderfully small and simple baby blanket or a bigger sized baby blanket for travel and play. Either way, you’ll be sure to find a size that works perfectly for what you need. Get the pattern HERE
3. What I love about this Elephant Snuggle is its ability to make it bigger, if you’d like! It’s essentially a lovey, which is a fantastic snuggle gift for a baby. The elephant head is super cute and is small enough for little hands to grab and hold. Get the pattern HERE
4. The corner to corner (C2C) is a wonderful stitch to have in your crochet skill arsenal. You can make so many gorgeous designs with it such as this adorable Polar Bear Cub Crochet C2C Blanket! Its size is also perfect for a car seat or stroller blanket to keep your little cub warm in the winter. Get the pattern HERE
5. If you want a baby blanket that has the illusion of a little bit of texture, this Ripple Security Blanket delivers just that! Its simple ripple design along with color play tricks the eye into thinking there is texture. This blanket will keep your interest and it will also make a great baby sized blanket! Get the pattern HERE
6. If you want to go all out and truly deliver an amazing 3D blanket, this amazing Up Blanket is fantastic! It’s super adorable and will make a great over the crib rail blanket that will decorate a baby’s room to completion! Get the pattern HERE
7. Using a simple stitch throughout the blanket makes working on this beautiful Through Any Window Baby Blanket a breeze! The sample shows a simple color striping scheme but you can absolutely customize this blanket to match a baby’s nursery decor. Get the pattern HERE
8. Made up entirely of C2C squares, this fox blanket is amazing! There are so many options you have to make this blanket unique and perfect for a baby. You can make a design with only a few fox squares and a few solid squares. You can be eclectic and vibrant in color. You can even go with a simple color scheme! Really the possibilities are there for your taking! Get the pattern HERE
9. This modern take on a classic design is absolutely gorgeous! You can absolutely play around with color and the granny stitch for a scrumptious – yes, scrumptious – looking design! Join the squares with a simple stitch in a contrasting color that ties the whole piece together. The pattern is in UK terms, and you can get it HERE
10. This simple blanket features a fantastic ombré design that will definitely bring a smile to a mom’s face! Use your favorite ombre yarn to achieve a flawless look, or make up your own ombre with using color blocking technique in fading colors of the same shade. Get the pattern HERE
BONUS PATTERN: This elephant tissue box cover is easy and fast to make. And it fits into any baby room. Just super adorable! Get the pattern HERE