This post includes affiliate links.
This morning I woke up and realized that I charge my cell phone always on the ground when I plug it into the charger. Having kids and pets at home, that my not be the smartest idea.
So I decided to create a cell phone pouch that not only protects my phone from dirt and possible small damages such as scratches, it also have another purpose. It can be hanged up over a charging plug when connected to an outlet while charging your phone. AWESOME!
Furthermore, it has another “hole” on the bottom of the pouch for your headphone jack to be plugged in while still having the pouch on your phone. WHAAAAAT? Which means you can even hang this pouch onto your pants or a belt while hiking and still listen to your music or take phone calls!
So, now that I explained to you how awesome and multifunctional this pouch, let me tell you this: It is super easy and fast to make! I might mine under an hour! And it basically only uses 1 stitch which is the single crochet!
Though the Turkish Star Stitch might not look like it, but, yes, it is 2 single crochet for every stitch just placed in a different location as you normally would. But it is easy! Just try it. And it looks very elegant!
You can get the crochet pattern for the Cell Phone Pouch on Ravelry, LoveCrafts, or my new membership The Crochet Club. The Crochet Club has so much more to offer than just PDF patterns! You get tutorials, references and the complete VIP treatment as well.
If you pay just double the amount as this pattern costs and you have a month’s worth of The Crochet Club Membership with a lot more patterns! It’s well worth it.
If you do not want to join The Crochet Club, you can also purchase the ad-free printer-friendly PDF pattern at the links below. But IF you join the All-Access Membership you will automatically get this pattern.
Now, before I show you the materials and the actual free crochet pattern, please also be sure to add this pattern to your Raverly Favorites by clicking the button below as that allows my pattern being shown to more people who might want to see it and also want to make it.
I have a video below where I show you exactly how I make this pouch from the beginning to the end!
Here are now the written instructions for this pattern.
You will need:
- Bernat Maker Home Dec yarn in the color woodberry
- 5.0mm hook
- yarn and tapestry needle
- a button
2 Turkish star stitches x 4 rows = 1 square inch
6.5 inches x 3.75 inches (without the loop)
Feel free to choose a different yarn, hook or how large or small you make this pouch as it can easily be adjusted for any phone size. The instructions below are made for an iPhone 6s Plus.
- make a chain of 20, sl st to the 1st st
- place 2 sc in the same st as the sl st, sk 1 st, *2 sc in the next st, sk 1 st, repeat from * all the way to the end of the row, DO NOT SL ST
- now do the Turkish Star Stitch (see video instructions below, or click on the name for picture and video instructions for the stitch ONLY)
- when you reached the height of the phone (mine is about 6.5 inches), place a sl st in the next stitch
- now chain 15, sl st to the 4th stitch to the left by using the stitch and the hidden stitch below to make it more sturdy, now turn, and sc into each chain, sl st
- Fasten off and weave in the ends
- Add a button of your choice to the top area so that you loop the loop around it.
Some more pictures for this pattern:
FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL FOR THIS PATTERN:
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here: