This post includes affiliate links.
This is a free tutorial for the Bean crochet stitch. The tutorial has both photos and videos.
Who could argue – the bean stitch looks just like little beans scattered across the surface of the project. The little beans pop up out of the surface slanting this way and that. They provide a symmetry to the piece while simultaneously creating an intricate texture and 3-D effect. This beautiful design adds a seemingly complex level of detail to the any project that is sure to catch the attention of anyone admiring it.
If you would like to learn incorporate this eye-catching 3-D effect in your next project, please continue to read below for the simple step-by-step tutorial.
This is a very detailed step-by-step bean stitch crochet photo and video tutorial. The bean stitch sure has been requested for a very long time and I am now finally able to present you this amazing textured easy crochet stitch. Unfortunately, the Bean Stitch is not very well known, although I believe it should be.
Its amazing texture and fluffiness provides a great foundation for a blanket, hat, scarf or even a washcloth. Furthermore, I used the Bean Stitch last year for my Everyday Bean Beanie and did not get a chance to provide a tutorial with it. Well, now you can finally make this beanie in case you have not had a chance.
Alright, so let me now teach you how this beautiful bean stitch crochet pattern works. I have below, first, a photo tutorial for the bean stitch. Right after, you can also find the video tutorial for the Bean Stitch.
Don’t forget to check out all my other Crochet Stitch Tutorials, because I have a lot of popular and unique ones.
How to crochet the Bean Stitch Crochet- Photo Tutorial
1. First, make a chain in the length you desire that ends with an odd number. Next, insert your hook into the 3rd ch from the hook and pull up a loop.
2. Next, yarn over and insert the hook into the same ch and pull up a loop again. You have now 4 chains on your hook.
3. One more time, yarn over and then insert your hook into the same chain and pull up a loop. You now have 6 loops on your hook.
4. To finish the Bean Stitch, yarn over and pull through all 6 loops. You made your first Bean Stitch.
5. Now, chain 1 and skip one chain and crochet your next bean stitch into the next chain. At the end of the row, chain 2 and turn.
6. You will now crochet the next row of bean stitches. The first bean stitch will be in the first stitch which you can easily see because it has a little gap right above the last bean stitch from the row before.
7. Repeat the sequence of crochet bean stitches followed with a chain of 1 and a skipped stitch until the end of the row. Then repeat the same for the following rows until you are finished with your project.
7. You can now see that the bean stitch creates this beautiful texture where the bean stitches are turned to the opposite direction after every row.
I hope this bean stitch crochet photo tutorial was helpful. If you feel like you need a more visual presentation, then please watch the video tutorial below.
How to crochet the Bean Stitch – Video Tutorial
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here:
Be sure to share the Bean stitch crochet tutorial as a link with the world on social media using the buttons above or below this stitch tutorial. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing.