This post includes affiliate links.
This very detailed step by step crochet photo and video tutorial will teach you how to crochet the Bean Stitch. This sure has been requested for a very long time and I am now finally able to present you this amazing textured easy crochet stitch. Unfortunately, the Bean Stitch is not very well known, although I believe it should.
Its amazing texture and fluffiness provides a great foundation for a blanket, hat, scarf or even a washcloth. Furthermore, I used the Bean Stitch last year for my Everyday Bean Beanie and did not get a chance to provide a tutorial with it. Well, now you can finally make this beanie in case you have not had a chance.
Alright, so let me now teach you how to crochet this beautiful crochet stitch. I have below, first, a photo tutorial for the bean stitch. Right after, you can also find the video tutorial for the Bean Stitch.
Don’t forget to check out all my other Crochet Stitch Tutorials. I have a lot of popular and unique ones.
How to crochet the Bean Stitch – Photo Tutorial
1. First, make a chain in the length you desire that ends with an odd number. Next, insert your hook into the 3rd ch from the hook and pull up a loop.
2. Next, yarn over and insert the hook into the same ch and pull up a loop again. You have now 4 chains on your hook.
3. One more time, yarn over and insert your hook into the same chain and pull up a loop. You now have 6 loops on your hook.
4. To finish the Bean Stitch, yarn over and pull through all 6 loops. You made your first Bean Stitch.
5. Now, chain 1 and skip one chain and crochet your next bean stitch into the next chain. At the end of the row, chain 2 and turn.
6. You will now crochet the next row of bean stitches. The first bean stitch will be in the first stitch which you can easily see because it has a little gap right above the last bean stitch from the row before.
7. Repeat the sequence of crochet bean stitches followed with a chain of 1 and a skipped stitch until the end of the row and repeat the same for the following rows until you are finished with your project.
7. You can now see that the bean stitch creates this beautiful texture where the bean stitches are turned to the opposite direction ever every row.
I hope this photo tutorial was helpful. If you feel like you need a more visual presentation please watch the video tutorial below.
How to crochet the Bean Stitch – Video Tutorial
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here:
Be sure to share the Bean stitch as a link with the world on social media using the buttons above or below this stitch tutorial. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing.