This post includes affiliate links.
After so many requests and many tries to figure out how to be able to crochet the trending Turkish Star Stitch flat, I was able to do it. YAY. Finally! Right away I decided to use this stitch to make a bracelet that I will use as a sweet band. However, you can also use it as a mug cozy.
Though the stitch can be difficult to start for some, it is actually not that hard once you get the pattern down. You might have to watch the video for the tutorial I created multiple times. The video is on the bottom of this free pattern.
Some of my readers requested this tutorial to make blankets. I hope this is what you all were looking for and it will be helpful to create it.
FAVORITE THIS PATTERN ON RAVELRY HERE!
PIN it HERE!
You will need:
- any type of yarn, depending on what you want to do with it (I used Knit Picks Dishie)
- a corresponding hook (I used a 5.0mm)
- tapestry or yarn needle
- a button
As the Turkish Star Stitch is quite difficult to write out as a step by step instructions, please watch the video below first on how to create this stitch!
Also if you have never done this stitch in a round before, I highly recommend learning that, as that will make it so much easier to understand. Get the tutorial HERE.
- make a chain in the length of your desire (for this bracelet I used 8 chains)
- starting from the second chain from the hook crochet 2 sc in every other chain (sk a st in between), if you made 8 chains, you will now have 4 sets of 2 sc’s (add the second color during the last sc, ch 1, turn
- now start making the Turkish Star Stitch from behind, switch colors during the last stitch, ch 1, turn
- crochet the Turkish Star Stitch from the front, switch colors during the last stitch, ch 1, turn
- Repeat from * as many times as you need to in order to reach the length of your desired size for a bracelet
- during the last stitch of the last round, use both colors for the last loop of the single crochet as you will not use both colors together to make the edge
- crochet 1 sc in each row all the way around (from the front side of the bracelet) and placing 3 sc’s in each corner
- on the last side, (after the corner stitches) crochet 2 sc, chain 6 (or more or less depending how large your button is), 2 sc and 2 sc in the corner
- sl st when you reached the end and fasten off and add a button on the opposite side of the loop
Now you can use this Turkish Star Stitch Bracelet:
PLEASE SHARE THIS PATTERN and Tutorial on social media
Tutorial for the Turkish Star Stitch made FLAT:
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here: