AS THIS VALENTINE’S CAL IS OVER NOW, I ADDED THE PATTERN LINKS ON THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE 🙂
This is so extremely exciting for me. I have never hosted my own CAL (crochet along), then my first one is a Valentine’s CAL, very cool and heartwarming. All the crochet pattern will be available for free.
The crochet patterns are published one at the time, each day one pattern for 6 days. On day 7, we will put it all together by making a gift box to place all your handmade creations in to give to a special someone for Valentine’s Day or to display or store them for yourself.
REMEMBER ALL PATTERNS ARE FREE!!!
So, in order to be prepared, this post is published exactly one week before the very first Valentine’s CAL pattern will be available. So on January 30th, 2017, we will start with the Valentine’s CAL.
So, I will tell you what I used as materials, meaning what yarn and hooks I used and any additional materials needed to make any of the crochet creations. Now, that does not mean you have to use the same ones. You can use different colors or even different hook sizes or weighted yarn.
In fact, I would love to see pictures of your creations (even in different colors) using these patterns. So in order for everyone to share their pictures, ask questions or just see what everyone else posts and get creative ideas, I created my own crochet group of Facebook. Please join us by clicking HERE.
The patterns will be published on my Facebook page and my Facebook group at the same time, just to make sure nobody will miss it. 🙂 ALSO BE SURE TO SHARE THE FACEBOOK POST ONTO YOUR TIMELINE AND OTHER CROCHET GROUPS. The more people we have the more fun it will be. Thank you for sharing!
Ok, so here are the materials, hooks and yarns I used for this Valentine’s CAL
- Premier yarns Deborah Norville Everyday Collection in colors: aubergine (less than 1 skein), snow white (less than 1 skein), really red (less than 1 skein), toasted marshmellow (about 1 skein)
- Premier yarns Deborah Norville Everyday Heather Collection in color:oat heather (about 1 skein)
- scissors and yarn needle
- Bernat Blanket yarn red (not much, way less than a skein)
- Poly-fill fiber (very little amount, for only one project)
- 2.75mm, 3.5mm, 5.0mm, 6.0mm hooks
- earring hooks (stainless steel)
- key ring (whatever size you like or have, but mine was 1 inch diameter)
- button (whatever size you like or have, but mine was 1 inch diameter)
- 1 piece of posterboard 22x28inches (I got that one at my local grocery store, but Michaels has it to) which I got it in color red, but feel free to pick a different color (for gift box)
- tape and/or glue, ruler, pencil for the box
It looks like a long list, but it is not, most crocheters have yarn and hooks at home, so if you want to do all of the patterns I will be publishing, then just a couple of extra items are needed. Just click on the blue links above if you would like the items to be shipped to you (affiliate links).
So, now that you know what you will need and know when it will start, are you excited just as much as I am? I just can’t wait for it to start. 🙂
Thanks for participating in this fun Valentine’s Crochet Along!
Below you will find the pattern links as they are published (from Day 1-7):
Day 7: a Valentine’s Box