This post includes affiliate links.
In this crochet tutorial, you will learn how to crochet the Tunisian Simple Stitch using Photos and a Video which also includes how to increase and decrease this stitch.
What is a Tunisian Crochet Stitch?
The Tunisian Crochet Stitch is like a combination
Below you will find the Tunisian Simple Stitch Instructions and photos showing you how to create this beautiful stitch. Also I have a video below where I show and teach you exactly how to start this stitch, how to increase in 3 different ways and how to decrease in 2 different ways. I hope that will help you learn this stitch very quickly and you can use it right away for some fun crochet projects.
Also if you have never used or bought Tunisian crochet hooks, you should really get one. A normal crochet hook might work for Tunisian Crochet, but only if it is small projects. I personally love the Clover Interchangeable Crochet Hooks as you can use them very small projects and even very large projects. The soft and smooth wood allows the stitches to glide along while crocheting. And the stitches never get stuck at the joining points. Thanks, Clover for sending me a few hooks to test them out.
How to Crochet the Tunisian Simple Stitch
1. Start with a chain the length of your choice and a Tunisian Crochet Hook.
2. Push the hook thru the 2nd chain from the hook and yarn over
3. The next picture shows how it will look like after you pulled the yarn thru. Now you will work on the next chain and repeat the same process until the end of the row. You are accumulating loops on the hook just like knitting.
4. Next, you will yarn over and pull thru the first loop (closest to the hook) only.
5. For the next loop and all the following (working our way back to the starting point), you will yarn over and pull thru 2 loops.
6. By the end of this row, it will look like this:
7. Now you will work on the next row, and ignore the very first vertical pole to the left of the hook and pull the yarn thru the second vertical pole from the hook, yarn over and pull up a loop. Repeat steps 3 thru 7 over and over again until you create a beautiful piece that looks like the Tunisian Simple Stitch Swatch below.
In case you are interested, the picture below shows how the Tunisian Simple stitch looks like behind. You never really turn your work when you crochet Tunisian. You simply crochet from one way to the other side and back.
In order to learn how to increase and decrease using this stitch, please watch the video below as I show in detail exactly how to do that.
HOW TO DO THE TUNISIAN SIMPLE CROCHET (including INCREASES and DECREASES):
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here:
I hope you love the Tunisian Simple Stitch T
Also, I share many more free crochet patterns and tutorials often in my Newsletter. Just for signing up I will send you a free ebook. If you are interested, please sign up below. I’m pretty sure you will enjoy my newsletter and support group on Facebook.
See what Angela, from my crochet group, said: “…Just today alone, I was speaking to a friend and mentioned this group to her because she’s having a hard time emotionally. I told her she needed to join so she can learn some cool crochet techniques and keep herself busy. You’re my first “go-to” group. Not only do you have some amazing ideas… But it’s you as a person that I can relate to. You’re kind, generous, and probably take things to heart more than you should (I do that too lol)… But you’re awesome! …”