This post includes affiliate links.
The Valentine’s Candy Bag is a free crochet pattern. This simple pattern is a perfect touch for a Valentine’s Day gift or any other occasion.
“Can I open it yet?” The child bounced eagerly in her seat more from excitement rather than the bumps and curves of the road. “Not yet,” Mother responded. “How about now?” Mom laughed. “Not yet. I promise I’ll tell you when we get there.” The child folded her hands around the purple bag lovingly made by her grandmother and tried to be patient. Really, she did try. “Can I just peak inside? Just a quick tiny peak.” Mother cast her a glance through the rearview mirror. “If you’re going to be like that, I won’t let you hold it.”
The child backpedaled. “Never mind. I’ll be good.” Mother smiled. “Good because we are here.” The child sucked in a breath of air. Gingerly, she pulled the small tie strings. The bag folded open easily. Within was exactly what she’d expected – the little round chocolates her grandmother made for her – and something else. Tilting the bag, the child could see the light glint off of her grandmother’s favorite broach. She smiled knowing how much her grandmother treasured that broach and now was entrusting it to her.
Give your gifts the perfect finishing touch by wrapping them in this adorable candy bag that can be reused and repurposed.
This pattern is so cute and perfect for pretty much anyone. I used Premier Deborah Norville Everyday yarn, but you could use any other yarn. Just be aware to use a smaller or lager hook (depending on which yarn you pick) and realize that the bag either shrinks or gets bigger than this pattern. So cute though, right? 🙂
MAIN VALENTINE’S CAL POST is HERE!!!
What you will need:
Gauge: not important as it is a small bag
- Make a magic circle, crochet 10 hdc into the ring, pull tide, sl st to first hdc (10 sts)
- Ch 1, 2 hdc in each st all around, sl st to first hdc (20 sts)
- Ch 1, 2 hdc in the first st, 1 hdc in the next st, * 2 hdc in the next st, 1 hdc in the next st, repeat from * all the way around, sl st to first hdc (30 sts)
- Ch 1, 2 hdc in the first st, 1 hdc in the next 2 sts, * 2 hdc in the next st, 1 hdc in the next 2 sts, repeat from * all the way around, sl st to first hdc (40 sts)
- Ch 1, 2 hdc in the first st, 1 hdc in the next 3 sts, * 2 hdc in the next st, 1 hdc in the next 3 sts, repeat from * all the way around, sl st to first hdc (50 sts)
- Ch 1, 1 hdc in the BLO in each st all around, now do NOT sl st! (going in continues rounds!)
- – 13. 1 hdc in the third loop only (see video tutorial below for more detailed explanations about this stitch) in each st all around
14. 2 hdc in each st (not the 3rd loop, but a normal hdc) all around, sl st to first st
Fasten off and weave in the ends.
Make 2 hearts, as shown in this PATTERN
Sew a piece of yarn about half a yard or as much as you need, after row 10 skipping 3 hdc each time.
Attach the hearts to the string after attaching the string to the bag.
You are done:-)
Here is the Video tutorial for the hdc stitch that is placed in the 3rd loop behind the V:
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here: