This post includes affiliate links.
Well, now that my own birthday is coming up and several month later, we will have Christmas, I thought about how much I constantly have to tell my family and friends what I want as presents. I do not like making a list for them to buy as I would like to be surprised, but, on the other hand, I also do not like to get gifts that I have to return.
So, I thought I should write a post about all the things a crocheter like me would be happy and thrilled about to get as a gift. Meaning, when your birthday or Christmas or any other celebratory day comes up, just send the gift giver this link with all the wonderful ideas that I collected by asking my crochet followers in my Facebook Crochet group.
In case you are not in my group and really want to join (if you are a crocheter you should as we are a fun super supportive group <3), please click HERE and answer the 3 questions I provide. I ask these questions because I do not want hackers or spammers in the group.
So lets get right into the very long list of items any crocheter would be happy about to get as gift! In case I missed any awesome gift ideas, please let me know in the comments and I will add them!
Awesome GIFTS a Crocheter would want:
Most, if not all links listed below are affiliate links. If you want to know more about it, please see my Disclosure page.
1. Crochet books that were written and published by Edie Eckman. As Edie published a lot of books, I have most popular books listed below for you to click and purchase easily.
2. Ottlite 3 in 1! OMG, when I got this as a gift from my husband, I was beyond happy. I know this is a gift many crocheters desperately want! I promise you! This is a MUST HAVE and really needed! Get it HERE
3. When crocheters make project, whether it is bag or anything else, something very easy and cheap is often needed to give the project an extra special touch: BUTTONS, many of them and in different versions. I have conveniently listed several options below for you to purchase!
4. Alright, let’s be clear. Crocheters, same as knitters, want and have lots of on going projects which are also known as WIP’s (work in progress). Well, we need a place to put them all and even be able to take them with us. I am showing you below the most requested and loved project bags any crocheter or knitter would want!
5. Another highly loved and cheap item is a Knitting Thimble that can be used for crocheters and knitters a like, especially for those that have problems holding the yarn for along time. Get it HERE
6. Another item on the long wish list, are yarn bowls in different sizes and shapes. I am showing multiple different ones below that one can choose from. Just click on the image itself to purchase.
7. When crocheting or knitting a lot, one can get really sore after awhile. Sometimes the little things would make a crocheter or knitter very happy, which is ICE PACKS and COMPRESSIONS GLOVES! Click on the images below to purchase.
8. Is there one thing, that seems to disappear all the time, when crocheting or knitting? YES! It is tape measures! So if you but some, buy them in bulks, as they constantly seem to take off like a snake 🙂 Click on the image to buy it.
9. In order for us crocheters to show of our passion of this beautiful craft we, we like to show case it with “Handmade with Love” buttons that also go really well, when selling our gorgeous creations that usually take hours or days to make. Get them HERE
10. When my husband asked me last year what I really wanted as a gift, I said ERGO HOOKS. And I am so glad I said it and got them. They are a life changer! Here are some that are the most popular and the best in different sizes (click to buy).
11. Additional Accessories that seem to be often asked for and well loved are non-plastic stitch markers, pom-pom makers, yarn winders and storage units for yarn. They are all listed below (click to buy)
12. When traveling, we would like to take our WIPs with us, but sometimes when going on a plane we do not know which scissors are TSA approved. I found some that should be good to go (I do not guaranty that TSA approves these). Get them HERE
13. Most crocheters and knitters always need and want a sewing machine. It can be so helpful to have it not just for our project but to also fix up clothes at home. Get this Singer Sewing Machine HERE
14. Have you thought about how crocheters and knitters make their creations? well, they need patterns which are available on websites, pdfs or on videos. Having an iPad can be so helpful to to make items faster and quicker without having to turn on a computer or use the tiny screen on our phones. And yes, you do NOT need to go to the Apple Store to buy it. Get it on Amazon HERE
15. Another awesome gift would be a subscription to a crochet or knitting magazine! Click on the images below to subscribe and give the gift that keeps on giving 🙂
16. I have so many more ideas. For example having Ziploc bags or page protectors can also make a great gift as we can storage WIPs in them or our printed patterns.
18. Have you thought about gift cards yet? Well, most people do not like gift cards, well, WE DO! Especially visa gift cards and gift cards to crafts stores such as Michael’s and JoAnn’s so we can buy lots and lots more yarn! There is never such thing as enough yarn! Please understand that 🙂
19. Learn a new stitch daily! Get this book and your crocheter will be happy!
20. Crochet hook case! I love this one so much. Get it HERE
I think that list is pretty long and has lots of useful, well loved and wished for items. For any crocheters or knitters, if you have more ideas that need to be added, please let me know and I will add them. Also be sure to share the link to this page with other crocheters and of course your gift givers!
For all the gift givers, this is a very useful wish list that should be bookmarked and always kept on hand for future gift ideas! Trust me! You will be loved more and more if you get items from this list.
Thanks for reading all the way through and for making your friends, and family members who crochet or knit happy.