This post includes affiliate links.
It is the time of the year again, everyone in the craft community starts making Christmas gifts or items to be sold for crafts fairs. Well, I am participating in the Christmas in July trend and present to you the free crochet pattern I call simply the Gingerbread House.
The Gingerbread House is made with many simple and basic crochet stitches that create this amazing piece of art that is stabilized by cardboard from the inside. I added a special feature to this Gingerbread House that you normally do not see. It has a door that can be opened and closed as well as windows that are open which means you can add items inside such as LED tealights or doll furniture to make it even more special.
After showing a sneak peak in my Facebook Group, I am just even more excited for this Crochet Along to start. The special thing about Gingerbread Houses is that you can make and design the outside the way you like. I present to you my version of where I placed the candy canes, wreaths, gumdrops and icicles as well as snow patches. But you are open to making this Gingerbread House yours, by designing it the way you like using my pattern.
The most wonderful part of the pattern is that it allows you to sew only a very small portion of the entire pattern. The rest is simply glued with a hot glue gun. It makes the entire pattern easy-peasy and fast to create. Furthermore, the pattern features the Brick Crochet Stitch for which I have a full photo and video tutorial for.
In order to participate in the Gingerbread House Crochet Along you have to follow these guidelines:
- get your materials that are listed below
- make the parts as they are released according to the schedule below (you can work in your own pace, but you will have more fun staying on schedule)
- show of you beautiful WIPS and final images by posting into my Facebook Crochet Group
- simply have fun making your own Gingerbread House
- ask questions if you have any, in my Facebook Crochet Group
- use the hashtag #GingerbreadHouseCAL when posting on Social media about it, so others can follow along
Be sure to use the hashtag #GingerbreadHouseCAL on social media, so I can follow along on your journey to create this awesome blanket.
To see other stunning free crochet patterns, check out my collection HERE!
Also be sure to add this pattern to your Raverly Favorites by clicking the button below.
If you add this pattern to you Ravelry Favorites and share it on social media as a link, I will be able to share a lot more free crochet patterns for you all.
You will have 1.5 weeks to get all your materials for this Crochet Along together. We will start on July 14th when the first part will be released. You will then have one week to finish part 1 before part 2 will be released. The same then goes for part 2 and 3.
Furthermore, please join my Facebook Crochet Group so you can share your progress pictures with us and also get feedback or answers to questions you may have about this project or other ones in the future.
However, if you do not want to wait for all the parts to be released you can easily purchase the pdf for this pattern with all the parts included in one file.
In addition, I created a downloadable pdf for you all, that has all the pictures as references added to the back of the pattern. So you can choose whether you want to print them or not. That can save you a lot of ink in the long run.
So, let’s summarize everything up in quick and easy to read bullet points.
What you will need to know for the Gingerbread House Crochet Along
You can use to use other worsted weighted yarns, just be aware that the Jeans yarn is not a true worsted weighted yarn, but a bit on the thinner side and is almost considered DK yarn. All the other worsted weighted yarns are true worsted weighted yarns.
- Lion Brand Jeans Yarn in the color Top Stitch: 2 skeins
- Lion Brand Heartland Yarn in colors
- Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Everday Collection in color snow white: 1 skein (mentioned as white in the pattern)
- Knit Picks Brava Worsted in color Sienna: 1 skein (mentioned as brown in the pattern)
- 5.00mm hook
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Old LARGE shipping box or cardboard (you need to be able to cut out 2 pieces that are 6×9 inches, 2 pieces that are 10×12 inches and 1 piece that is 12x20inches)
- Blocking Board
- tapestry needle
- 10 x 9 inches (not measuring the roof on top in width), height is 12 inches
Schedule of the Crochet Along Parts Release Times for the Gingerbread House:
Please share the Crochet Along for the Gingerbread House on social media! That helps me share the free patterns with crocheters around the world. Thank you