This post includes affiliate links.
This is a free tutorial for the Linked Single Crochet stitch. The tutorial has both photos and videos.
Perhaps you are working on a hat or a sweater and need the stitches to be tight to keep the wearer toasty warm on cold days. Or maybe you are simply tired of the same-old look for the basic single crochet stitch. Look no further! The linked single crochet has you covered. It’s linked so the gaps between stitches are smaller, and it doesn’t look like your everyday single crochet. As a bonus, it’s very easy to learn!
Whether you have a pattern that requires a tight stitch with no gaps or you just love the look, the linked single crochet is a great stitch to learn.
This photo and video tutorial teaches you how to crochet the Linked Single Crochet which has a slightly different look than the normal single crochet. I also have the tutorials for the Linked Half Double Crochet, Linked Double Crochet and Linked Treble Crochet on my website. The Linked Single Crochet finishes up the round-up of the Linked Crochet.
Some of these tutorials also have some free crochet patterns associated with them. In fact, as I am writing this tutorial for the Linked Single Crochet I am already working on a fun tutorial for a free crochet pattern. I will link it here once I have it published and I am pretty sure you will love it as much as I do.
Now, let’s get started with the Photo Tutorial for the Linked Single Crochet which is followed by a video tutorial for it.
Learn how to crochet the Linked Single Crochet – Photo Tutorial
1. First, make a chain of any number. Now turn your work.
2. In the second chain from the hook, crochet 1 single crochet. Look at the left loop that my left thumb is pointing at.
3. Insert the hook into the just mentioned loop.
4. Now, insert the hook into the next chain.
5. Yarn over and pull up a loop. You now have 3 loops on your hook.
6. Yarn over and pull thru all 3 loops. You now made your first linked single crochet stitch. Now, insert your hook into the outer left loop (of the 3 loops you just had on your hook) and repeat the steps 4 and 5 to make your next linked single crochet stitch.
7. After one row, you will see the linked single crochets look like the ones below.
8. Now, chain one and turn your work and repeat the steps above to crochet more linked single crochet stitches. You will now start seeing the diagonals show up which show the stitches main characteristic, besides being linked.
If the above picture tutorial was not clear to you, please watch the below video tutorial to help you learn the linked single crochet stitch more visually.
How to crochet the Linked Single Crochet – Video Tutorial
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here:
I hope this tutorial was helpful. Please be sure to share a link to it using the above or below social media buttons to share it with your friends in the world. Thank you.