This post includes affiliate links.
Welcome to Part 2 of the Modular Pocket Bag CAL that is sponsored by Lion Brand Yarn. In Part 1 we worked on the main front and back panel of this bag. In that, I used 2 skeins of the Jeans yarn in color Classic. So, now, in Part 2 we crochet the 4 pocket panels which are made in 2 different colors (1 color per 2 panels).
As mentioned before the bag uses only single crochet, so even in part 2 it will only be single crochet stitches.
The Modular Pocket Bag Crochet Along
If you have absolutely no idea what this Crochet Along is all about and need further information, then please click HERE for the main post that explains everything.
Remember that this Crochet Along has a Giveaway attached to it. Everyone who participates in this Crochet Along and who does the below points will be automatically entered!
- Add the Modular Pocket Bag to your Ravelry Favorites and as a Project HERE
- make the Modular Pocket Bag and post WIP (work-in-progress) pictures and the final completed bag as a picture to Ravelry and my Facebook group (join HERE)
- Go to the Lion Brand website and sign up for their newsletter and follow them on Facebook and tell them THANK YOU (on their Facebook page) for sponsoring the Modular Pocket Bag Crochet Along (that is a very important point!!!)
- optional: Share this Modular Pocket Bag Crochet Along post on social media for others to join! The more people join the more fun it is!
If you can’t wait for Parts 3 to 4, then you can also purchase the full pdf of this pattern here:
So before any further ado, let’s get right into the FREE pattern which is super easy and works up fairly quickly. If you have just started to crochet, then this project is perfect for you!
- Jeans Yarn in color Faded (505-105) and in Top Stitch (505-121E): 2 skeins for each color
- 5.0mm hook
- tapestry needle
4 sc x 5 rows = 1 square inch
Stitch used, in US terms:
Pocket Panels in colors Top Stitch (make 2 panels) and Faded (make 2 panels) -> 4 panels in total
Make a chain of 61
Row 1: 1 sc in each ch, starting from the 2nd chain from the hook, ch 1 turn (60 sts)
Row 2-30: 1 sc in each sts, ch 1, turn
Fasten off after row 30 and then weave in the ends.
The pictures below shows both panels per color after they are completed.