This post includes affiliate links.
This Crochet Along is now over, but you can still find the free pattern and PDF below.
The Modular Pocket Bag was made using Lion Brand Jeans yarn and is perfect for anyone, even beginners. It is made only with single crochets and then sewn all together. If you have never made anything with Lion Brand Jeans yarn before, you should. It is so soft and easy to work with and really amazing.
This Crochet Along will have 4 parts. I will also provide you with 1.5 weeks to get all your supplies which I believe should be plenty of time. Lion Brand ships very fast, and so does Amazon.
Now, before I show you the materials and the actual free crochet pattern, please also be sure to add this pattern to your Ravelry favorites by clicking the button below as that allows my pattern being shown to more people who might want to see it and also want to make it.
You can get the crochet pattern for the Modular Pocket Bag on Ravelry, Etsy, LoveCrafts, or my new membership The Crochet Club. The Crochet Club has so much more to offer than just PDF patterns! You get tutorials, references and the complete VIP treatment as well.
If you pay just double the amount as this pattern costs and you have a month’s worth of The Crochet Club Membership with a lot more patterns! It’s well worth it.
If you do not want to join The Crochet Club, you can also purchase the ad-free printer-friendly PDF pattern at the links below. But IF you join the All-Access Membership you will automatically get this pattern.
In addition, I created a downloadable PDF that has all of the pictures separated from the pattern, so you an choose whether you want to print them or not. This can save you a lot of ink in the long run. You can buy the ad-free, printer-friendly PDF on Ravelry, Etsy, LoveCrafts, and my VIP crochet membership, The Crochet Club.
Furthermore, Lion Brand provides us with a huge discount of 20% off all Jeans Yarns! So make sure you use the code: Jeans2017 (it is good until December 1st) to get this awesome yarn.
And here is the big one! I will also have a Lion Brand sponsored GIVEAWAY at the end for everyone who participates and finished their Modular Pocket Bag! The winner will receive the entire amount of Lion Brand Jeans yarn that is needed to create this Modular Pocket Bag and you will also get the pdf version of this Modular Pocket Bag Crochet Along for free.
So in order to determine the winner, I will chose 1 winner by random (using a program) of all the people who do ALL of the following:
- Add the Modular Pocket Bag to your Ravelry Favorites and as a Project HERE
- make the Modular Pocket Bag and post WIP (work-in-progress) pictures and the final completed bag as a picture to Ravelry and my Facebook group (join HERE)
- Go to the Lion Brand website and sign up for their newsletter and follow them on Facebook and tell them THANK YOU for sponsoring the Modular Pocket Bag Crochet Along (that is a very important point!!!)
- optional: Share this Modular Pocket Bag Crochet Along post on social media for others to join! The more people join the more fun it is!
Now let’s talk about what you will need in order to make the Modular Pocket Bag. I will mention all of the materials. Of course certain additions are optional and will be marked as such.
Click on the underlined words for purchase!
- Jeans Yarn in color Faded (505-105V): 2 skeins -> used for the outside/inside pockets and the straps
- Jeans Yarn in color Stonewash (505-109W): 2 skeins -> used for the removable pocket
- Jeans Yarn in color Top Stitch (505-121E): 2 skeins -> used for the outside/inside pockets and the straps
- Jeans Yarn in color Classic (505-110AF): 2 skeins -> used for the large main front and back panel
- Jeans Yarn in color Brand New (505-108R): 1 skein -> used for the bottom and side (one piece) and to sew all the pieces together
- Jeans Buttons which are used for decoration and to compress the Modular Pocket Bag (optional if you don’t want to compress the bag)
- 5.0mm hook
- tapestry needle
- Plastic canvas that is 10.5 in x 13.5 in (optional, but it helps to stabilize the bag bottom)
- Natural Cotton Rope in 3mm thickness (optional, but it prevents the straps from being pulled and stretched when using the bag)
- Hair Ties
Stitch used, in US terms:
- sc = single crochet
- overcasting stitch
Final Size of bag:
16 (width) x 10.5 (height) x 4.5 (depth) inches
4 sc x 5 rows = 1 square inch
So, once you get all your materials together, please post a picture in my Facebook group, so I know who will participate in the Crochet Along.
Let me tell you now when we do which part of the Modular Pocket Bag.
The Schedule for certain parts to be released for you to crochet is as followed:
Post your final picture of your Modular Pocket Bag by September 27th (updated due to certain circumstances) to be entered in the giveaway! Remember to post the picture in my Facebook group as well as under your Ravelry project for this pattern!
I am so excited for you all to join the Crochet Along for the Modular Pocket Bag. I really hope you like it as much as I do. I love that you can reverse the bag match it your outfit. How cool is that there is a removable pocket and that you can compress or expand the Modular Pocket Bag?
Please make sure you share this awesome Crochet Along for the Modular Pocket Bag with your friends on social media, as well as pin it on Pinterest to never loose the link to this page!
In case you can’t wait or do not want to wait for the Crochet Along to start, I also created a pdf version of the entire pattern which you can download on Etsy or Ravelry for a small fee. Remember the pattern will always be free on my website. I only charge for the pdf versions of my patterns.