This post includes affiliate links.
This free crochet pattern collection includes 11 hats and beanies that are all perfect for fall and winter. I listed these specific 11 crochet patterns as I ask my crochet designer friends, one of the best out there, to provide me with their most popular and well-loved hat or beanie crochet patterns. I believe they all deserve a medal for these amazing designs.
All of these crochet patterns are free and easily accessible by clicking on the name of the hat which will take you directly to the hat crochet pattern you desire to see.
I sure love all of these patterns and wished I had the time to crochet them all. Luckily, I have already one of them which is my most popular crochet hat pattern which was part of a Crochet Along before.
Now, before further ado, let me get started with this awesome collection. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Be sure to also SHARE this collection using the social media buttons above and below so the rest of the world can enjoy it as much as you do.
11 Most Popular Hats and Beanies – Free Crochet Patterns for Fall and Winter
1. The Apache Tears Hat is one of those patterns that I not only loved designing but also was so extremely excited to share with everyone. It features the Apache Tears stitch pattern for which a photo and video tutorial is provided.
2. Kim Guzman really outdid herself with the Elegant Hat. Looking at the pattern, I can tell it is easy, elegant and beautiful. Just the bow provides that extra special fashion statement that makes you look like no one else – and I mean that in a good one.
3. The Cabled Messy Bun Hat is one of those hats you just want to wear all the time, especially the women and teens with longer hair. But that special texture coming from the cables all around the hat make me feel so happy. I just love cables.
4. I have to tell you, that the Coco Slouchy Hat an absolute dream. I am not surprised in any way that this hat made the list. It has style, elegance and most importantly a nice slouch which allows you to keep it relaxed on your head or hide your long hair in.
5. When I first started blogging, the Wanderlust hat kept re-appearing on my screen and the more I saw it the more I fell in love with it. The simple and basic crochet stitches lined up in a special way provides this crochet hat with so much texture, it is simply amazing.
6. I love the Malia Beanie and it is making me want to create my own. It is for sure one of the most popular hats Yarn and Chai has created. And the fluffy faux fur pom-pom provides it with some extra special flare.
7. The Honeycomb Cabled Hat looks just like what its name is. The honeycomb texture is so elegantly designed using cable stitches that the blue makes it almost look like ocean waves.
8. Some girls or women just need a hat that is easy, slouch and elegant. Well, the Venus Shell Slouchy Hat will make you feel like a queen or mermaid coming from the ocean having lots and lots of beautiful shells in her hair.
9. The Moss Stitch Hat needs to be on this most popular hat crochet pattern list. It is not your typical hat, but rather nice and big making you feel nice and cozy and special and ready to take on the colder weather season.
10. The Snowden Beanie also provides some texture, but this one is more subtle and allows for the person wearing it, to feel warm, cozy, but still not overwhelmed by too much thickness around its hair.
11. The yellow yarn used in the Great Lakes Beanie sure makes me feel like a sunset or sunrise happing while I sit by the Great Lakes and enjoy the nature with my coffee while snow is drizzling down on me. Gorgeous! I love dreaming when looking at designs. This beanie makes me dream for sure.
I am simply not surpised all of these patterns made it into the Top 11 of the Most Popular Free Hat Crochet Patterns for fall and winter. If you agree with me, be sure to share this collection as a link on social media using the buttons above or below.